These are so easy to whip up – no special equipment, basically just combine and freeze! This is also our fav recipe we’ve made to date! We made a batch to take up to friends in London, they didn’t last long!
Gorgeous pic and recipe adapted from the lovely Jade from Panaceas Pantry. Jade’s recipes use natural ingredients, are thoughtful and always DELICIOUS. Def recommend giving her a follow!
Store your bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. (Perfect premade snack for busy folk! )
375g (1 jar) smooth, drippy peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you feel inspired to use). If your nut butter is stiff your bars will be dry. You can compensate by adding in extra oil.
105g (1/2 cup) virgin coconut oil
75–100g (1/4-1/3 cup) pure maple syrup or honey or agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g (1 cup) plant based protein powder in plain or 100g ground oats (which we used)
85g (1/2 cup) hemp hearts
100g prechopped cacao, divided
1 Tbsp peanut butter (reserve)
1. Line a small tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. To a bowl, add drippy peanut butter to bowl and add melted coconut oil.
3.. Add your sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey or agave).
4. Add vanilla, protein powder (or ground oats) and hemp seeds and combine until completely uniform, thick and smooth.
5. Add chopped cacao and fold through.
6. Pour batter into your lined tray. It will be thick and heavy, so use a spoon to spread it around into an even bar. Set aside.
7. Add the remaining cacao and reserved 1 Tbsp peanut butter to a heat proof bowl. Melt via double boiler method. Once melted, pour on top of batter and spread to evenly cover.
8. Place your nut butter hemp bars in the fridge for 2+ hours to set.
9. Cut into desired serves AND ENJOY!